Buttermilk RusksFrom liezel 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cream eggs and sugar well together
- Mix the buttermilk and juice in.
- Melt the butter and mix in with the others.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients with your hands in till a stiff dough.
- Grease any baking dish.
- Make medium size balls with the dough. (150 - 180).
- Arrange them very close into the baking dish(es).
- Bake at 180 degrees C (360 degrees F) for 60 minutes.
- Cut or break the balls into dip size pieces.
- Arrange them loosely on a baking tray.
- Let them dry out in a oven of 70 degrees C(160 degrees F). overnight.
- Turn them arounnd after few hours.
- Very tasty. Can be put in an airtight holder for quite some time.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating5 people
Great!!! thanks... your recipes are awesome, I think you would like to enjoy "Proudly Southafrican group" on this site... I added your recipes to this group!berry in Winter Park loved it
Everyone else has said it all so I'll just say, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... and thank you ;-)lor in Toronto loved it
The step by step photos are amazing however the flavor of these Buttermilk Rusks really tell the whole story. You have my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it