Buttermilk RusksFrom liezel 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cream eggs and sugar well together
- Mix the buttermilk and juice in.
- Melt the butter and mix in with the others.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients with your hands in till a stiff dough.
- Grease any baking dish.
- Make medium size balls with the dough. (150 - 180).
- Arrange them very close into the baking dish(es).
- Bake at 180 degrees C (360 degrees F) for 60 minutes.
- Cut or break the balls into dip size pieces.
- Arrange them loosely on a baking tray.
- Let them dry out in a oven of 70 degrees C(160 degrees F). overnight.
- Turn them arounnd after few hours.
- Very tasty. Can be put in an airtight holder for quite some time.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating5 people
The step by step photos are amazing however the flavor of these Buttermilk Rusks really tell the whole story. You have my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Thank you for the recipe ***** high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
Everyone else has said it all so I'll just say, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... and thank you ;-)lor in Toronto loved it