Chocolate Heaven TrifleFrom annieamie 7 years ago
- 4 cups heavy cream, whipped and chilled shopping list
- 2 large boxes of Jello Instant chocolate pudding, prepared as per the manufacturer's instructions Or use an instant chocolate mousse mix for a richer flavor and texture. shopping list
- 1 chocolate fudge cake box mix prepared according to manufacture's instructions, cooled and cut into 2 inch cubes shopping list
- 4 Hershey milk chocolate bars or 4 European milk chocolate bars like Lindt, chopped -divided into three groups shopping list
- *Ganache topping shopping list
- 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Take the 1/2 cup of heavy cream and pour into a large glass measuring cup or microwave-proof bowl. Add the 8 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Set this aside to cool.
- Add a layer of cake cubes to the bottom of your trifle bowl
- Mix half of the pudding with 1 cup of the whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Using half of the cream and pudding mixture, spoon out a layer over the cake cubes.
- Add a layer of whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle with one group of the chopped chocolate candy bars
- Add a layer of cake
- A layer of just the pudding,
- A layer of whipped cream and candy bar pieces
- And try to repeat the layers from the first layer until you have reached the top of your bowl with at least one inch of empty space.
- Stir your ganache well and pour this directly over the last layer of your trifle.
- At this point, if you have any whipped cream or Cool Whip left, you can use it by "frosting" the top of the chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate candy bar and serve. Or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *Violet Crumble is a wonderful Australian candy bar that's made from honeycomb candy that's dipped in chocolate. Its just perfect for this recipe. Feel free to use any kind of chocolate bar that you enjoy.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
I Like Food83 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Back To Basics346 members
Quick N Easy122 members
I Can Because I Can105 members
Chocoholics Anonymous154 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members