Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars chocolate optionalFrom putercop 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup salted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (not lard apologies to all southerners) shopping list
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white flour or if you feel bold wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (not kosher) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3 cups dry oatmeal quick-cooking or old-fashioned shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the shortening, butter and sugars.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Put in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- ***Optional frost with your choice of chocolate frosting (have tried this with white chocolate frosting and chocolate mint and butterscotch frosting)