Cola Black Bean SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 3 cups dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained shopping list
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno chile, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- ½ cup caffeine-free cola soda shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place black beans, chopped onion, chile pepper and garlic in a large heavy pot.
- Add cola and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until black beans are tender, about 1 ½ hours.
- Remove 2 cups of the black beans and place in a blender with lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Puree the mixture and return to the pot of black beans.
- Stir to combine and cook 20 minutes longer.