Mediterranean Stuffed PeppersFrom hottamale 9 years ago
- 1 lb. ground turkey (can use lean ground beef) shopping list
- 1- 10oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 med. zucchini, coarsely grated (about 2 c.) shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1 c.) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, pressed shopping list
- 1/2 c. brown rice shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, with ribs & seeds removed shopping list
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with garlic & basil shopping list
- 1/2 c. Athenos, reduced fat, feta cheese with sundried tomatoes and basil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, spinach, zucchini, onion, garlic, rice, egg, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange the pepper halves cut side up in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and fill each pepper half with the meat mixture.
- Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the meat mixture is completely cooked and the peppers are tender, about 25 minutes longer.
The Cookhottamale Canton, OH
The Rating4 people
This sounds really good. And healthy.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
A great stuffed pepper rcipe I love them Yeahmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
love it!mamalou in Attleboro loved it