Swedish Christmas CookiesFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- -----------For 6 dozen cookies----------- shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.F
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and almond extract.
- Add salt. Sift the flour and mix well.
- Add enough of the flour to make it a pliable dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- To shape, divide dough into 6 equal portions. Roll out each portion to make a rope, abut 24 inches long.
- Divide each into 2-inch stips.
- Place on cookie sheets. Brush with egg white and sprinkle wih sugar and almonds.
- Bake at 375.F for about 10 minues or until cookies feel firm and are lightly browned around edges.
- Let cool on cookie sheets fr a few minutes, then remove onto wire rack to cool completely.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating4 people
wonderful cookies thanks bunches momomomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This recipe is wonderful! I did change it a bit, as I can never ever follow a recipe to the T, but I like my changes. :-) I made the cookies smaller, not 2 inches long. Or should I say, my husband made them smaller. :-) He's Austrian, and Austrian co...moredaisylynn in Graz loved it
FAB. Melt-in-your-mouth delicates...daisylynn in Graz loved it