Cranberry CordialFrom peetabear 9 years ago
How to make it
- divide cranberries and the sugar into 2 batches
- put first batch of cranberries and sugar into a food processor and coursely chop
- do second batch
- put mixture into a large jar that has a tight lid approx 2 quart size or divide into 2 one quart jars
- stir in vodka and cap tightly. set aside at room temp.
- shake or stir at least once a week for 1 month
- strain thru a fine mesh sieve lined with 2 layers of dampened cheese cloth
- squeeze out as much liqid as possible. discard pulp
- If you want more sweetness and body:
- boil together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water for 2 mins.
- cool and add to cordial
- pour into clean bottles. leave behind any sediment . cap or cork
- store at room temp.
- any cloudiness that may form at the bottom of the bottle is harmless