Pork On Pork With Mushroom Bourbon SauceFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 4 large shallots shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon whisky shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 Tbsp water shopping list
- 4 6-7 oz center-cut pork chops shopping list
- 2 cups crushed pork rind, 1/2 cup cushed nearly powder-fine and 1 1/2 cups more coarsely crushed (similar to coarse bread crumbs) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the sauce. Sauté shallots, and mushrooms in 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat until the mushrooms are browned - about 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and boil down until the liquid is reduced to almost a glaze, about 4 minutes. Add the chicken stock, cream, and bourbon. Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 12 minutes.
- Prepare the pork. Whisk an egg and 2 Tbsp of water in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip chops into the powdered rinds, then egg mixture, then back into the coarse crushed pork rinds, coating completely.
- Heat olive or grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Turn the chops one more time and lower the heat to med-low and cook an additional 5-8 minutes, until the internal temperature of the chop is at 140°F. Alternatively you can put the chops in a pre-heated oven at 400°F for 5-8 more minutes.
- When about to serve the pork, bring the sauce to a simmer and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.