Snickers chocolate pieFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Shortbread crust: shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- ¼ tsp baking powder shopping list
- caramel filling: shopping list
- 1cup sugar shopping list
- 65 grams butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup or more lightly salted peanuts shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 150 grams dark or milk chocolates, chopped and placed in a stainless bowl shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a 23 cm pie plate or pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar till light and creamy.Stirr together the flour and baking powder and blend in the butter mixture. Pat the dough in the plate and bake for 18 to 22 minutes till edges are brown. If bottom puffs during baking, just pat it with a fork. Cool completely.
- In a heavy saucepan, over a low heat, melt sugar till it get deep amber color and all crystals disappear. Add the butter piece by piece stirring continuously. Remove from heat and add the cream so so so slowly stirring with no stop. Till smooth. Keep aside to cool 5 minutes only and then pour it over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle with salted peanuts evenly. Keep aside to harden and cooled.
- Bring the cream to simmer point. Take care do not burn or you will get a bad taste. Once you reach simmering point, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Leave to set for 2 or 3 minutes then whisk till all chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Keep in room temperature for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Then whisk again till thickened slightly.
- Note: It is so important to know at which point you should stop whisking, you don’t want it so thick or grainy. You need a pourable smooth texture but still thick.
- Pour over caramel and spread till all surface is covered. Chill for 3 to 4 hours. Cut into wedges and serve.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating12 people
I am inlove with your recipes! for chocoholics... Beautiful, beautiful.... thanks for sending it! Oh! I did not recieve your last "inbox" message with meringue recipes....berry in Winter Park loved it
This is wonderful.... I thinking your trying to do a thing for Weight Watchers...LOL...We are all gonna be heading there before Christmas is over with all these great delicious recipes.... Keep it up....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Another masterpiece, Ahmed! Are you by any chance a pastry chef? You make the most divine creations!!!tcvillegas in Manila loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!