Irish Stew With Mint Sour CreamFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 12 ounces lean, boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold beer or water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven combine lamb, broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim fat off meat mixture. Add potatoes, onions, carrots, thyme, and basil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.
- In a small bowl stir beer or water into flour. Stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- To serve, stir together the sour cream and mint. Dollop each serving with sour cream mixture. Makes 4 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Combine sour cream and mint; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- crazyhorse222 Sydney Ns, CA
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- unicorn4 Melbourne, AU
- suzeabelle Richmond, CA
- zanna MOUNT CLEMENS, MI
- abermouse Louisville, KY
- willowand Wilmington, DE
- auntieandie Ashland, OR
- dariana IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔