Cider Braised Mussels with BaconFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 3 bacon slices cut into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 2c. thinly sliced leeks(about 1 lg) shopping list
- 1/4t. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/8t.fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2lbs. medium mussels,scrubbed and debearded shopping list
- 1(12oz.)bottle hard apple cider shopping list
- 2T. flat leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in dutch oven over med. high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan,reserve 2t. drippings in the pan. Crumble bacon;set aside. Add leek,saltand pepper to the pan;saute 3 mins. or till tender. Add bacon,mussels,and cider;bring to a boil. Cover and cook 5 mins. or until mussels open;discard any unopened shells.
- Place about 9 musels into eac of 4 shallow bowls. Ladle about1/2c. broth mixture into each bowl, and sprinkle each serving with 11/2t chopped parsley.