Pasta and Mussel SauceFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- 14 oz shell pasta shopping list
- 1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 6 pints mussels, scrubbed shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped fine shopping list
- 5 Tbl chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 and 1/4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pull the beards off the mussels and rinse well in several changes of cold water. Discard any mussels that do not close when sharply tapped. Put mussels in large pan with the white wine. Cover pan, shake well, and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until mussels open.
- Remove pan from heat, lift out mussels with slotted spoon, reserving liquid, and set aside until they are cool enough to handle. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat, stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Gradually pour in reserved liquid, stirring to blend well. Stir in parsley and cream. Season to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta in large pan of boiling salted water, with the oil, for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain pasta, return to pan, cover, and keep warm.
- Remove mussels from shells. Stir mussels into cream sauce. Place pasta in warmed serving dish, pour in the sauce, and toss well to blend. Serve hot, with warm, crusty bread.
The Cookflavorsofitaly Memphis, TN
The Rating1 people
Like the flavors here, love mussels... thanks, davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Food Blogs60 members
Pasta Place194 members
Pass Down Recipes311 members
Anything Goes286 members
Italian Group93 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members