Peanut Butter Brownie BarsFrom lor 9 years ago
- Brownies: shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® butter) shopping list
- 2 bars (2 ounces each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® unsweetened chocolate Baking Bars, broken into pieces shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened (we recommend LAND O LAKES® butter) shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate Morsels shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- For Brownies:
- Microwave butter and baking bars in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH(100%) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Beat granulated sugar and eggs in large mixer bowl until thick and lemon coloured.
- Beat in flour and melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour into ungreased 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 24 to 28 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Filling:
- Beat peanut butter and butter in medium mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and milk; beat on low speed until well mixed.
- Spread over cooled brownie layer.
- Cover; cool slightly before adding topping.
- For Topping:
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; knead.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
- Makes about 5 dozen bars
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
Original Recipes143 members
Christmas All Year183 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
All Holidays135 members
Bake Sale126 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
A Dash Or Two21 members
Gluten Goodies Come And Get Em6 members
Sweet Treats15 members