Kashmir Lamb CurryFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 3 lbs. of boneless lamb cut in one inch cubes shopping list
- 1 small onion grated shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of crushed coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cloves and cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
How to make it
- Mix onion, garlic, coriander, salt, cumin, pepper, ginger, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and lmeon juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add yogurt and butter and blend again.
- Place lamb chunks in large gallon freezer bag and add the marinade.
- Place in a bowl and let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Next morning, put lamb and marinade in the slow cooker and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice.
- Pass condiments to garnish as you please.
- Salted peanuts, chopped eggs, crispy bacon, mango chutney, minced green onions, chopped candied ginger, or raisins.