Xtra Moist Chocolate CakeFrom liezel 9 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 500 ml (2 cups)cake flour shopping list
- 350 ml (1 1/2 cup)sugar shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 125 g (1/2 cup) butter or margarine shopping list
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cocoa powder shopping list
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking soda shopping list
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 250 ml (1 cup) water shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 75 ml (1/4 cup + 1 heaped tablespoon) butter or margarine shopping list
- 75 ml (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) buttermilk shopping list
- 30 ml (2 heaped tablespoons) cocoa powder shopping list
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) icing sugar shopping list
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon)vanilla essence shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour, sugan and salt together.
- Heat up the butter, water, oil and cocoa.
- Let it cool down a bit.
- Mix the buttermilk and baking soda.
- Beat the eggs into the buttermilk mixture.
- Mix the flour and buttermilk mixtures together.
- Bake in a square baking tin at 200 degrees C (390 deg F) for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the butter, buttermilk and cocoa.
- Bring to the boil.
- Remove from stove.
- Sift in the icing sugar while stirring.
- Stirr in the vanilla essence.
- Pour hot sauce over hot cake.
- Let it cool down in the fridge.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating4 people
I love moist cakes... and if this is xtra moist I will love it!berry in Winter Park loved it
Hi I just wanted to know how much buttermilk goes into the cake mixture. Many thanks. Ann in Merrivale South Africaanninsa in MERRIVALE KZN loved it
Sounds wonderful High 5brianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!