Xtra Moist Chocolate CakeFrom liezel 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 500 ml (2 cups)cake flour shopping list
- 350 ml (1 1/2 cup)sugar shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 125 g (1/2 cup) butter or margarine shopping list
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cocoa powder shopping list
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking soda shopping list
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 250 ml (1 cup) water shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 75 ml (1/4 cup + 1 heaped tablespoon) butter or margarine shopping list
- 75 ml (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) buttermilk shopping list
- 30 ml (2 heaped tablespoons) cocoa powder shopping list
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) icing sugar shopping list
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon)vanilla essence shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour, sugan and salt together.
- Heat up the butter, water, oil and cocoa.
- Let it cool down a bit.
- Mix the buttermilk and baking soda.
- Beat the eggs into the buttermilk mixture.
- Mix the flour and buttermilk mixtures together.
- Bake in a square baking tin at 200 degrees C (390 deg F) for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the butter, buttermilk and cocoa.
- Bring to the boil.
- Remove from stove.
- Sift in the icing sugar while stirring.
- Stirr in the vanilla essence.
- Pour hot sauce over hot cake.
- Let it cool down in the fridge.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful High 5brianna in loved it
Hi I just wanted to know how much buttermilk goes into the cake mixture. Many thanks. Ann in Merrivale South Africaanninsa in MERRIVALE KZN loved it
I love moist cakes... and if this is xtra moist I will love it!berry in Riverside loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!