Six Week Refrigerated Bran Muffin MixFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 2 cups Post 100% Bran cereal OR Nabisco 100% all-bran cereal (I prefer the Post, but it can sometimes be hard to find) shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons solid Crisco shortening (don't use butter flavored Crisco) shopping list
- 3 cups white sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 quart buttermilk shopping list
- 4 cups Kellogg’s All-Bran Original cereal shopping list
- 5 cups flour shopping list
- 5 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the 100% Bran; set aside.
- In a very large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs and buttermilk.
- Add the Kellogg’s All-Bran, stirring well.
- Add flour, soda and salt; mix well.
- Fold in the soaked 100% Bran to the mixture.
- Store the batter in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks (makes 1 gallon).
- This recipe will make approximately 8 dozen muffins.
- To bake, fill well-greased muffin tins about ¾ full of batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 to 18 minutes, until tops of muffins bounce back when poked with your finger.
- These are good just plain or with a little butter, but they are even better with some homemade strawberry jam! (see Homemade Freezer Strawberry Jam recipe)
- NOTE: Muffins will remove easier if you run a knife around the tins and remove the muffins while they are still hot.