Roasted Garlic and Cheddar Mashed PotatoesFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
How to make it
- 2 lg baking potatoes
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp cream
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh basil
- The trick is to have everything done and hot at about the same time.
- Roasting the garlic takes the longest so start that first.
- Set the oven to 325, place 3 garlic cloves in a small ramekin or aluminum foil.
- Don't peel the cloves or they'll develop a tough skin.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cloves and place in the oven.
- It will take about 15 minutes to roast. (Heavenly aroma)
- While that's baking, get everything else together.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil while you peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks.
- Add them to the boiling water and let that boil till the potatoes are tender all the way through (10-15 minutes).
- Heat the butter and cream over very low heat to melt the butter. Shred the cheese.
- Mince the basil.
- Take the garlic out and peel it.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Once everything is ready, put it all in an oven proof bowl.
- Mash the garlic a bit with a fork.
- If everything isn't hot at this point, put the bowl in the oven for a few minutes (then transfer it to another bowl to mix).
- Add salt to taste.
- Using a hand mixer quickly mix everything together until smooth.
- Do not mix too much or things will get watery.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!