New Orleans Shrimp BisqueFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 1-1/4 lbs headless shrimp in shells shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups shrimp stock; * See Recipe shopping list
- 1 dried bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion shopping list
How to make it
- Shell and devein the shrimp, reserving the shells for the shrimp stock*.
- Melt the butter and sauté the onions, celery and garlic for about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour and tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute longer. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Gradually stir in milk and broth to form a smooth mixture. Add the bay leaf, basil, Tabasco Hot Sauce and salt. Return to heat, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn up the heat, add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp are pink.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onions. Serve with soda crackers.
- *Note: See recipe for Shrimp Stock.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating4 people
Nuthin' as good as N'Awlins dishes!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
This looks good, I think I'll fix this for supper. ^5. Thank you very much for sharing...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Great shrimp flavor.luvbuniz in Las Vegas loved it