New Orleans Shrimp BisqueFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 1-1/4 lbs headless shrimp in shells shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 minced garlic clove shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups shrimp stock; * See Recipe shopping list
- 1 dried bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion shopping list
How to make it
- Shell and devein the shrimp, reserving the shells for the shrimp stock*.
- Melt the butter and sauté the onions, celery and garlic for about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour and tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute longer. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Gradually stir in milk and broth to form a smooth mixture. Add the bay leaf, basil, Tabasco Hot Sauce and salt. Return to heat, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn up the heat, add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp are pink.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onions. Serve with soda crackers.
- *Note: See recipe for Shrimp Stock.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating4 people
This looks good, I think I'll fix this for supper. ^5. Thank you very much for sharing...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Nuthin' as good as N'Awlins dishes!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Great shrimp flavor.luvbuniz in Las Vegas loved it