Pepper Cube SteaksFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 4 cube steaks, 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 green peppers, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- Dash black pepper shopping list
- 1 tabespoon prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or chili sauce shopping list
- Dash Tabasco sauce, optional shopping list
- 3/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add onion. Saute until soft over low heat.
- Add 1 green pepper and the red pepper. Saute over medium heat for a few minutes until soft but not mushy. Remove from pan. Keep warm.
- Heat the remaining butter in the skillet. Brown steaks over medium heat on both sides until evenly browned. Let cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove to serving platter.
- To skillet, add mustard, tomato paste or chilli sauce, Tabasco sauce if used and half-and-half. Bing to a boil. Add onion-pepper mixture.
- Pour this sauce mixture over steaks. Garnish with remaining green pepper. Serve immediately.