Eggplant and Olive Pasta SauceFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- 6 Tbl extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 lb) trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 small (6 oz) can tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives shopping list
- 1 Tbl capers, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 Tbl fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 4 Tbl olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat, add eggplant. Saute, stirring constantly, until eggplant is tender and browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Add remaining 2 Tbl oil to skillet. Stir in eggplant, tomato paste, olives, capers, basil, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cover and summer 5 minutes. Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve immediately.