Lemon Clove CookiesFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- lemon Glaze: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer. Add
- egg, lemon extract and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in ground
- cloves and flour.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in wax paper to form a
- cylinder about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 9 inches long.
- Chill dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange
- on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
- Prepare Lemon Glaze
- Combine confectioners sugar, water and lemon extract. Drizzle
- over cooled cookies.