Apricot Glazed SpareribsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 6 pounds pork spareribs cut into 2 rib portions shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 cup apricot preserves shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Early in day in large saucepot combine ribs and garlic and cover with water.
- Bring to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 hour then remove ribs to platter then cover and refrigerate.
- Make glaze by combining preserves, onion, ketchup, brown sugar, oil, soy sauce, ginger and salt in small saucepan.
- Mix well then heat to boiling and boil 1 minute.
- Cover and refrigerate glaze.
- 1 hour before serving heat grill.
- Place cooked ribs on grill over medium heat and cook 15 minutes.
- Turn ribs often.
- Brush occasionally with glaze.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!