Outrageous Carrot CakeFrom pat2me 6 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 3 C flour shopping list
- 2 tsp soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbl plus 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 ½ C sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ C canola oil shopping list
- 2 ½ C finely grated carrots (about 6 ) shopping list
- 2 8 oz cans crushed pineapple in juice, well drained shopping list
- 1 C shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 C finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 12 oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 1 C unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 6 C powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ C finely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Evenly space racks in oven and heat to 350.
- Spray bottom & sides of pans and line bottom with parchment; spray parchment
- Sift flour soda, salt and cinnamon into medium bowl
- In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar @ medium for 3 minutes. Or until thickened and light in color. Beat in oil at low speed. Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple, coconut and 1 Cup walnuts until blended.
- Divide batter evenly among pans and bake 25 minutes, turn pans and bake an additional 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean and cake starts to pull away from sides of pan..
- Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes: invert, remove parchment and cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl at medium speed for 3 minutes, beat in vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar; beat at low speed 1 minutes or until smooth
- Place 1 layer on serving plate; spread with 1 Cup frosting
- Top with remaining layer spread top and sides with thin layer of frosting
- Coat again with smooth layer of frosting
- Press chopped walnuts onto sides of cake
- Make cake up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate or up to 3 weeks ahead and freeze
- To freeze, place cake in freezer until frosting is firm
- Wrap in plastic wrap, then heavy duty foil
- To defrost, place in refrigerator overnight; remove wrapping
- Serve at room temp, refrigerate leftovers
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!