german chocolate sauerkraut cakeFrom robertg 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup of butter-softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp. each-baking soda & powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup sauerkraut-rinced,drained,squeezed dry and finely chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- FILLINGS shopping list
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips-melted shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2/3 cups flaked coconut-divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans-divided shopping list
How to make it
- in a mixing bowl,cream butter and sugar.add1 egg at a time,beating well after each addition,beat in vanilla.
- combine dry ingredients;add to creamed mixture alternatly with water.fold in sauerkraut,coconut and pecans.pour into 3 greased and floured round baking pans.bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick,inserted near the center comes out clean.cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- in a bowl,combine melted chocolate and mayonnaise.set aside 1 1/4 cup for frosting.to the remaining chocolate mixture add 1/2 the pecans and coconut; spread between layers.combine remaining coconut and pecans and press onto sides of cake.
- store in refrigerator. slice with a serrated knife
The Cookrobertg MO
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!