Butter Chicken Or Chicken MakhaniFrom lor 5 years ago
- 1/4 pint yogurt, plain shopping list
- 1 tsp. ginger, ground shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. or a very "quick" dash of red food colouring shopping list
- 3 lb. chicken, skinless and boneless cut into pieces shopping list
- oil shopping list
- 2 oz. butter shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick -- 1 inch shopping list
- 2-3 cloves shopping list
- 3-4 green cardamoms shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 pint sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. saffron, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 pint cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp. almonds, ground shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. water shopping list
How to make it
- Mix yogurt, ginger, salt and red coloring and rub into chicken.
- Let it marinate overnight.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and brush with oil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Save the liquid, if any.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and gently fry cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and bay leaf for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream and chicken liquid.
- Add crushed saffron, and cream.
- Cover and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and adjust seasoning.
- Add ground almonds.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the chicken.
- Let it thicken.
- Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with nan.
- Note: Nan makes a lovely accompaniment to this dish. Indian Cooking by Lalita Ahmed, 1984
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating7 people
Stumbled on this one, glad that I did.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Yummmmm ... I like the combination of flavors here.linebb956 in La Feria loved it