Mussamum CurryFrom trevorst 6 years ago
- 1 cans coconut milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tablespoons mussamun curry paste store-bought or homemade (See my Mussamum curry paste recipe) shopping list
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs or breasts cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 large potato peeled and cut into bite-size chunks (about 1 1\2 cups) shopping list
- 1 carrot sliced in 1/4 width shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion halved lengthwise and sliced lengthwise into thick wedges shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks each about 3 inches long shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tablespoons palm sugar or light or dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tablespoons tamarind liquid shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoons lime juice fresh Squeezed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large wok or Dutch oven, bring 1\2 cup of the thick coconut milk to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the curry paste and cook about a minute, blending the paste into the coconut milk.
- Add the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring often, until the chicken begins to change color.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl and reserve.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except lime juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until the potato and carrots are tender
- add the chicken back to the pot and cook for 3 -4 minutes until cooked through.
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice and stir well. Taste and add more, if desired.
- Remove from the heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with Jasmin Rice
The Cooktrevorst Auburn, WA
The Rating3 people
Great idea sealing the curry paste in a zip-lock bag, freezing it, and breaking off a piece as needed! We eat curry quite regularly in this house (Hubby from Scotland....second home of curries ?? :) Thanks for the post, Trevorst!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
I can almost taste it. Thanks for posting this recipe.vvskgn in Foster City loved it