Grand Champion Apple PieFrom michellem 7 years ago
- 6 cup sliced peeled baking apples(5 to 6 medium) shopping list
- 2 tbs water shopping list
- 1 tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbs flour shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ginger shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- Pastry for double crust pie( 9 inches) shopping list
- See my no fail pie crust recipe! shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine apples water and lemon juice; cook over medium-low heat just until the apples are tender
- Remove from the heat and cool(do not drain)
- In a large bowl, combine sugars,flour cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt; add apples and toss to coat.
- Place bottom pastry in pie plate; add apple mixture.
- Cover with top pastry; seal and flute edges.
- Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake at 450* for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350* bake 35-45 minutes or until golden brown
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating5 people
I've been making my Apple pies like this for 40 yrs, not knowing someone else made it like this also! I know it is the best, in fact just finished it last nite... lol
Thank you for posting it so everyone can try it!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
I sometimes through in with the apples some (1/2 cup) of little Red Hots (cinnamon candies)shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Yum! Love apple pie.organicmama in loved it