Red Pepper DipFrom chezglenn 8 years ago
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 8-oz. sour cream shopping list
- 8-oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 red pepper seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers. This spicy dip will warm up your guests for the main course.
- To make this dish even more exotic, you can use the spanish dried peppers, Pimientos Choriceros, available in spanish supermarkets. To use this, simply cut the peppers in half and de-seed them, then soak in water for half an hour. Using the back of edge of a knife, scrape out the 'meat' of the peppers onto your chopping board and coarsely chop this before adding it to the dip. This flavour is worth the extra effort.
- Also you may add chopped pineapple for a more of a sweet dip.