Goat Cheese Log With Herbs AppetizerFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- A long, thin, dish with a lip at the edges shopping list
- goat cheese (I used 2 4-ounce logs) shopping list
- Good olive oil shopping list
- Kosher or sea salt shopping list
- cracked black pepper shopping list
- An assortment of herbs (I used lemon basil, rosemary, and Cuban oregano) shopping list
- crackers ( I love the rosemary-olive oil Triscuits) shopping list
How to make it
- Up to a day before you want to serve it:
- Form the goat cheese into a long, thin log shape, and puncture the top with a fork several times.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and minced herbs.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- An hour before serving:
- Uncover and lay sprigs of fresh herbs all around the cheese.
- Drizzle the whole plate with more olive oil, salt, pepper, and finish by sprinkling with more minced herbs.