Poc ChucFrom trevorst 9 years ago
- 6 blade pork steaks 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick and 10 - 12 oz. each shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 16 ounce Sour orange juice or 50% mix regular orange juice/lime juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 ounces achiote paste available at Mexican Stores shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper shopping list
- -- salsa -- shopping list
- 5 medium purple onions very thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 ounces white vinegar shopping list
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped shopping list
- 1/4 - 1 habanero chile roasted and finely chopped (A whole habenero amkes a very hot salsa). shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Blend all marinade ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Marinate pork at least 3 hours but no more than 8 hours.
- Bring water to boil in deep saucepan.
- Add onions and blanch for 1 minute.
- Drain and place in stainless steel bowl.
- Toss with vinegar, cilantro, chile, salt and pepper.
- Grill pork steaks on barbecue till just cooked through.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with Mexican Yellow Rice, (recipe following) along with Caribbean Black Beans (recipe following). Garnish with habanero chile peppers and cilantro.
The Cooktrevorst Auburn, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!