Chicken Pot Pie With Phyllo DoughFrom cookit 8 years ago
- 1 small rotisseri chicken shopping list
- 1 pound of potatoes (I use fingerling because I like those, any will work) shopping list
- 2 ribs of celery shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion (such as vildalia) shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 5 tbs of flour shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream or half n half shopping list
- 3/4 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1 heaping tbs of sour cream shopping list
- 2 tbs thyme (you could substitute dill with lemon zest as a flavor) shopping list
- 1 tbs flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 14.5 ounces of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup peas shopping list
- 1.5 cups carrots shopping list
- cremini mushrooms (4 ounces) shopping list
- phyllo dough (4-6 sheets) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in pan on stove over medium heat. Saute garlic, celery, and onion (after chopping them) until translucent and soft (10 min). Add the flour and butter stirring constantly for about 5 min.
- Add chicken broth, milk, sour cream and whipping cream.
- I usually whip the cream, milk and sour cream together before adding it to avoid clumps. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potatoes and vegetable and turn to low and simmer 10 min.
- Spray a pan, preheat oven to 375, and place 1/2 mixture in baking pan. Place 2-3 sheets of phyllo dough over the mixture, ( I spray mine with olive oil or spray butter before placing it down on the pie).
- Layer the sheets and then add other 1/2 mixture.
- Repeat with other 2-3 sheets of phyllo dough.
- Bake for 45 min on 375 uncovered.
The Cookcookit West Chester, OH
The Rating2 people
I really love this one! I am not sure how I will make this my own, but I have been making the stock in the kitchen and I have the chicken meat in the fridge. Very nice indeed!
Polly Motzkopollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!