Creamy Chicken Taco soupFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut in thirds shopping list
- two tablespoons of oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped, 1/2 cup shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of chipotle powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 10-ounce cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies) mild is fine. shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste shopping list
- slices of avocado shopping list
- wedges of lime shopping list
- Makes 8 cups or 6-8 servings shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, brown the chicken strips in a two tablespoons with the onion and garlic.
- Add the spices and cook a couple minutes.
- Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it against the side of the pot and then mix into the meat until no big white chunks of cheese remain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Top with avocado and a wedge of lime for squeezing.