Easy Red Velvet Cake With White Truffle FrostingFrom dariana 6 years ago
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 bottle (1 oz) red food color shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa shopping list
- 2 containers (1-lb size) of vanilla frosting shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups White vanilla Baking chips shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray bottoms only of two 8-inch round cake pans.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
- Bake and cool as directed on box for 8-inch rounds. Slice each cake layer in half horizontally to make a total of 4 layers.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through microwave time. Stir until smooth; cool 5 minutes. Stir in frosting until well blended.
- Place 1 cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate; spread with 1 cup of the frosting. Repeat with second and third cake layers. Top with remaining cake layer, cut side down; frost with remaining frosting.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating9 people
Another must try. Sounds decadent. Thanks for sharing.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sometimes I put fruit on top for decor and added flavoring.dariana in loved it
My mom used to make a scratch red velvet cake but this is so much easier... Thanks Dariana.zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it