Crab Stuffed WontonsFrom ravenseyes 8 years ago
- 1 pound lump crab meat, broken into small pieces (discard any shell or cartilage fragments) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion (green parts only) shopping list
- 1/2 cup mung sprout or bean sprout roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp seafood seasoning (old bay or any other seafood seasoning) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil shopping list
- cornstarch, for baking sheet shopping list
- 52 wonton wrappers shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 8 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup purchased sweet red chili sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Toss together crab, scallion, sprouts, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl for filling.
- Dust a baking sheet with cornstarch; set aside. Working with 4 wonton wrappers at a time, arrange on a clean dry work surface and place about 1 teaspoon filling in center of each. Brush wrappers around filling and out to edge with egg. Bring 2 opposite corners of wonton together to form a triangle; firmly press edges together to seal. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wontons, filling, and egg.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy saucepan over moderate heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360 degree F. Fry wontons in batches of 8, turning, until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per batch. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Arrange cooked wontons on a platter and serve warm or at room temperature with chili sauce on the side for dipping. Makes 52 wontons.