Cheesy Grilled Lobster TailsFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 4 medium fresh or frozen rock lobster tails (5 ounces each) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter shopping list
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (2 slices) shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded creamy havarti cheese (3 ounces) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Thaw lobster tails, if frozen.
- 2. Rinse lobster tails; pat dry with paper towels. To butterfly tails, use kitchen shears or a sharp heavy knife to cut lengthwise through centers of hard top shells and meat. Cut to, but not through, the bottom shells. Using fingers, spread meat apart slightly.
- 3. For stuffing, in a medium skillet melt the 3 tablespoons margarine or butter. Add green onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute; remove skillet from heat. Stir in bread crumbs. Stir in cheese and basil; toss to mix. Spoon stuffing into slits in lobster tails.
- 4. In a grill with a cover arrange medium-hot coals around edges; place a drip pan in center of grill. Test for medium heat over the drip pan. Place lobster tails over drip pan, stuffing side up. Cover and grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until lobster meat is opaque. Drizzle lobster tails with 2 tablespoons melted margarine or butter. Makes 4 servings.
- Broiler Method: Prepare lobster and stuffing as directed above, except do not stuff lobster tails. Place unstuffed lobster tails on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil lobster 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 10 to 11 minutes or until meat is opaque. Spoon stuffing into slits in lobster tails. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes more or until stuffing is light brown and heated through. Continue as directed.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!