Coconut Shrimp with Dipping SauceFrom jesuslincoln 9 years ago
- 8 fluid ounces flat beer shopping list
- 1 cup self-rising flour shopping list
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided (one 7-ounce package) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 12 jumbo shrimp shopping list
- vegetable oil (for frying) shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- marmalade Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish shopping list
How to make it
- ---To Make the Dipping Sauce---.
- Combine all marmalade dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- ---To Make the Batter---.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the beer, flour, ½ cup of the coconut flakes, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- Mix well, then cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- ---To Prepare the Shrimp---.
- De-vein and peel off the shell back to the tail. (Leave the last segment of the shell plus the tail as a handle.)
- When the batter is ready, preheat oil in a deep pot or deep fryer to about 350°F. Use enough oil to cover the shrimp completely.
- Pour the remainder of the coconut into a shallow bowl. Be sure the shrimp are dry before battering. Sprinkle each shrimp lightly with paprika before the next step.
- Dip one shrimp at a time into the batter and drop the battered shrimp into the coconut . Roll it around so that it is well coated.
- Deep-fry four shrimp at a time for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp become golden brown. Flip the shrimp halfway through.
- Drain on paper towels briefly before serving with marmalade sauce on the side.
The Cookjesuslincoln El Dorado, AR
The Rating3 people
These sound really good. I love trying to make something that I've had at a restaurant and seeing if I can duplicate it. The fun part comes in the eating of it. I love the sauce recipe too.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it