Laura Bushs Texas Governors Mansion Cowboy CookiesFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tblsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tblsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tblsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine at room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tblsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats shopping list
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pecans, or nuts of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Remove mixer and stir in four mixture by hand just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup or (ice cream scoop) dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Rotate pans halfway through cooking time.
- Remove cookies from pan and place on racks to cool.
- This makes 3 dozen Texas-sized cookies. For 6 dozen smaller cookies, use 2 tblsp dough for each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.