Amish Vanilla Whoopie PiesFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- . shopping list
- filling: shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 2 Tbsp milk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 pound powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening, sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla. Mix flour, baking powder and add soda with water and milk. Mix together.
- bake 425 degrees 5-8 minutes.
- To make filling: beat egg whites until stiff. Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat well and add shortening and sugar.
- Place cream filling between two cookies.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
The Rating5 people
Thanks for another great recipe, Crossfire!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I wondered why the batter was so thick and dense as I was making it. I noticed that the directions indicated that there should be milk, but it wasn't listed in the ingredients. Needless to say, my mixer died on me while making the batter! I looked up...moremimirose in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!