Italian Sausage Onions Pepper HoagiesFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- 3/4 pound hot italian sausage shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, shopping list
- 2 turns of the pan shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cubanelle peppers shopping list
- (light green mild Italian peppers), shopping list
- seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 or 3 jarred hot cherry peppers, shopping list
- banana peppers or pepperoncini, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper juice, from the jar shopping list
- Bread: shopping list
- 4 crusty, semolina submarine sandwich rolls, shopping list
- 8 inches, sesame seeded or plain shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, shopping list
- 1/2 a handful or 1/2 teaspoons each oregano, thyme, parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place the sausages in a large nonstick skillet.
- Pierce the casings with a fork.
- Add 1-inch water to the pan.
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Cover sausages, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Heat a second skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil, 2 turns of the pan.
- Add garlic, onion, cubanelle and red peppers.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Drain sausages and return pan to stove, raising heat back to medium high.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the skillet, brown and crisp the casings. Remove sausages, slice into 2 inch pieces on an angle and set pieces back into the pan to sear.
- Split and toast the bread under broiler.
- Melt oil, butter together in small pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and let it sizzle 1 or 2 minutes.
- Brush rolls with garlic butter and sprinkle with a little dried Italian seasoning blend.
- Combine the cooked peppers and onions with the sausages.
- Add hot peppers and hot pepper juice to the skillet.
- Toss and turn the sausage, peppers and onions, picking up all the drippings from the pan.
- Pile the meat and peppers into the garlic sub rolls and serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
mmm'mmm...another good one to save for when the gang is coming over to watch the game!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it