Come Back Green BeansFrom smurfetta 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb bacon shopping list
- 5 14 1/2 oz cans French Style seasoned green beans Drained, reserving liquid from 1 can. shopping list
- 1 pkt Sazon Jamon seasoning (granulated ham flavoring) shopping list
- 1 dash Colgin liquid smoke flavoring shopping list
- 1 T McCormick salt Free garlic & herb seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Cut strips of bacon into four pieces each and fry until crisp.
- Empty green beans into a large saucepan along with the liquid from one (1) of the cans.
- Add the liquid smoke, garlic flavoring.
- Stir often and keep the heat low so as not to scorth.
- When bacon is done and had cooled, chop it into snall poeces and add it to the green beans.
- Pour the bacon grease over the green beans and simmer until the flavors meld.
- Check the seasoning, some like more garlic flavor than others, so make adjustments halfway into cooking.
- The bacon can be prepared in advance so the last thing you do is prepare the beans one half hour prior to serving..