Barecue Style Baked BeansFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1 lb. dried red kidney beans shopping list
- 6 cups cold water shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and pick over beans. Put in kettle or dutch oven. Add water.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Bring again to a boil. Simmer, with cover slightly ajar to avoid beans boiling over, for 30 minutes, or until beans are tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Preheat oven to 300.F
- Put liquid, beans, onion, garlic, corn syrup, sugar,ketchup, chili powder, ginger and salt in a 3-quart casserole.
- Mix well. Cover and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until most of the liquid is absorbed.