Cinful Raisin PretzelsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- ¾ cup raisins shopping list
- 3 ¾ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¼ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease two large cookie sheets.
- Measure the raisins into a bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Let soak 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt and the egg.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir well until everything is blended.
- Drain the raisins and add to the dough, mixing well – the dough will be quite soft and sticky.
- Sprinkle some additional flour onto work surface and turn the dough out.
- Knead the dough about 5 minutes, and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Working with one lump of dough at a time, roll it out into an even rope about ½ inch thick. Twist it into a pretzel and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining lumps of dough.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar and melt the butter in a small dish.
- Brush each pretzel with some butter, then sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.