Simple SushiFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 cup sushi rice shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- ½ tbsp sugar shopping list
- ½ tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup horseradish shopping list
- Drop of green food coloring shopping list
- 1 can tuna, drained shopping list
- 2 dill pickles, sliced into strips shopping list
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks shopping list
- 4 sheets of nori paper shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse rices under cold water and then put into a medium saucepan along with the water.
- Bring to a boil and cook uncovered 3 minutes, stirring, and then reduce heat, cover with a tight fitting lid and let simmer about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- Turn out into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce until dissolved.
- Sprinkle over the hot rice and toss well until the rice is coated well.
- Let cool.
- Whisk together the horseradish and green food coloring.
- Lay a sushi mat onto a flat work surface and place a sheet of nori down.
- Put about half a cup of rice on the nori and flatten it down, leaving at least a one-inch border at either end.
- Spread with some horseradish and then spoon some tuna, a few slices of pickle, cucumber and remaining vegetables along the edge closest to you.
- Begin to roll the sushi, pressing it with your fingers to create a tight roll.
- Moisten the edge of nori to seal it and then repeat with the rest of the nori.
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
This sounds really great, thanks for sharing! I love very basic recipes like this! This is exactly the kind of "sushi" that I make for my daughter. Thank you so much for highlighting this recipe for others! Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!waterlily in Joplin loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Everyday Chefs68 members