Lemon Verbena Tea BreadFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- ¾ cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemon Verbena shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- lemon glaze shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon (preferably a Meyer lemon) shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Heat the milk (do not boil) with the chopped Lemon Verbena and let steep till cool.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and gradually beat in the sugar. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the lemon zest.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the herbed milk.
- Mix just until the batter is blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out dry.
- Remove the bread from the pan onto a wire rack that is set over a sheet of waxed paper.
- Pour Lemon Glaze over the still-hot bread,
- Let cool and enjoy.
- Place the lemon juice in a small bowl, and add enough confectioners' sugar, stirring until a thick but pourable paste forms. Pour the glaze over the hot bread.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Another fiver! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it