Lemon Angel Food CakeFrom s01105 8 years ago
- 2 cups sifted super fine sugar, divided shopping list
- 2.1 1/3 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups eggwhites, at room temperature (10 eggs) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 tspgrated lemon zest(2 lemons) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine 1/2 cup flour with the sugar and sift together 4 times.Set aside
- Place the eggwhites,salt,and cream of tartar ina the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on high speed until the eggs make medium-firm peaks,about 1 minute.With the mixer on medium speed,add the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar by sprinkling it over the beateb eggwhites.Whisk for a few minutes untilthick and shinny.Whisk in the vanilla and lemon zest and continue to whisk till very thick,about 1 more minute.Sift about 1/4 of the flour mixture over the eggwhites and fold it into the batter with a rubber spatula.Continue adding the flour by fourths by sifting and folding until it is all incorporated.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 10- inch tube pan,smooth the top and bake it for 35-40 minutes,until it springs back to the touch.Remove the cake from the oven and invert the pan on a cooling rack until cool.
The Cooks01105 Las Pinas, PH
- Not added to any groups yet!