Chewy Oatmeal yumm CookieFrom shirleyoma 6 years ago
- * 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- * 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- * 1 egg shopping list
- * 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- * 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- * 1 to 1 1/2 cups raisins shopping list
- * 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cream sugar and shortening together in a large mixing bowl. Add egg and molasses; beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well. Add vanilla then stir in oatmeal and raisins. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased baking sheet. Bake oatmeal raisin cookies at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes, until done.
- Makes about 4 dozen oatmeal raisin cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating2 people
Hey Shirley, I just wanted to let you know that I am baking these today. My fingers and hands are in working order today so I am trying these delicious sounding cookies.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it