Extra Creamy Coconut Cream PieFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked shopping list
- 2/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups milk (I use 1/2 and 1/2 milk for extra creamy texture) shopping list
- 14 oz can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded coconut shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 4 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch, and flour. Gradually stir in milk, evaporated milk, and coconut. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, continuing to stir. Remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly pour 1 cup of milk mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining milk mixture in saucepan.
- Return mixture to heat. Bring to a boil, then boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in butter or margarine and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into baked pastry shell. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating7 people
This does look wonderful and I just love cream pies!organicmama in loved it
Such a beautiful pie, great post thanks for sharing, I've bookmarked it to make soon. :)henrie in Savannah loved it
I grew up on this.... brings back so many memories....hubby loves this as well...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it