Mexican RiceFrom arimou0 8 years ago
How to make it
- On a medium fire heat about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a deep saucepan.
- When the oil has thinned add the rice and let it fried until it gets light brown. Stir constantly so it browns evenly. This step is very important to avoid the rice to stick when cooked.
- In the meantime, blend tomatoes, onion and clove with some water until liquefied. The secret to perfect rice is to double the liquid of the amount of rice. This means that for 1 ½ cups of rice we should have three cups of liquid. Make sure that you have 3 cups of liquefied tomato mix on your blender.
- When the rice is light brown mix it with canned vegetables, tomato mix and salt to taste.
- Stir and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Here’s another tricky part to avoid the rice to break and stick.
- You don’t want to stir constantly but not stirring at all will cause the rice at the bottom of the pan to burn so stir slightly every 5 minutes making sure that the rice is not sticking to the bottom.
- When the water is almost consumed stir more constantly but always lightly.
- Once all the water is consumed you should have something like this picture.