Chocolate Kahlua CakeFrom beebear 8 years ago
- 1 chocolate cake mix, w/o pudding in the mix shopping list
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup Kahlua shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream shopping list
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding, NOT sugar free shopping list
- 6 ounces semi-sweet Tole House morsels shopping list
- vanilla ice cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a Bundt pan with "baker's secret" cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine oil, Kahlua, eggs, and sour cream. Blend well, till no rivulets of sour cream remain.
- Beat in cake mix and pudding mix, beat till well blended, batter will be thick.
- With a spatula, stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan, smoothing the top out.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 50 minutes. Test with a cake tester, undone cake will be cool to the touch, melted chocolate will be hot to the touch. If additional time is needed, turn oven OFF, and return to the oven for no more than an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto cake rack and cool completely.
- Store lightly covered, (I cover it with plastic wrap, poking a hole in the center)
- This cake is very rich, and will actually serve 18 to 20 people. Serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to bring out the bit of Kahlua taste.
- Do not frost!