Butter Macadamia Nut CookiesFrom annieamie 9 years ago
- butter Mac nut cookie Recipe shopping list
- 4 cups of regular flour shopping list
- 1 cup of powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 pound of butter, do not substitute margarine and have butter at room temperature. shopping list
- 2 cups or more of either raw or roasted macadamia nuts, chopped shopping list
- **Optional Flavors shopping list
- I add 2 tsp of lemon zest shopping list
- You can use either lemon, lime or orange zest. shopping list
- If you like coconut, add about a cup of sweetened shredded coconut or more depending on your preference. The more coconut, the chewier the cookie will be. shopping list
- 2 cups of chocolate chips, either semi-sweet or bittersweet shopping list
- Chopped pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts, hazel nuts or even peanuts. shopping list
- (Bittersweet chips and orange zest or lemon zest make a fabulous cookie!) shopping list
- And of course, you can dip your cookie in chocolate! Chocoholics, Unite! Melt 1 cup of chips with 1 tsp of butter in the microwave for one minute, stir and dip the cooled cookie bars into the chocolate and lay on wax paper or aluminum to dry. You can even dip the dipped chocolate into some finely chopped nuts or coconute for a fancier cookie. shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the butter until its soft .
- Add the sugar and beat until its very smooth.
- Add the nuts and zest and blend well.
- Using a large baking pan, either roll out the dough to 1/2 an inch thick or pat it directly on to the pan using your hands. (I use the "release" aluminum foil or a large silicone baking mat.)
- You can flour your baking pan if you don't have the foil or a baking mat but do not butter your pan.
- Bake this at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- When the sides start to turn to a golden brown, the rest of the dough is done.
- Score and cut your squares about five minutes after removing dough from the oven.
- If you're making individual cookies, cut the shapes you wish after mixing and bake until each cookie is a very light color. You can make the tiny cookies too that you find in Hawaii but watch them carefully in the oven.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating2 people
Wow...what crunchy healthy cookies...:-) Want to have one.....:-)
ambus in Lahore loved it